Can You Dance Like A Warrior?
about 3 days ago.
Updated about 3 days ago.
Can You Dance Like A Warrior?
Do you feel good enough physically, mentally, & emotionally to dance?
The story of Today’s verse of the day is in my book The 100X Life- the praise chapter. Read this a couple of years ago really eye opening.
This one is more for men.
before I read it- I want you to understand who did this.
This man is a warrior-
This man has killed lions & bears with his bare hands
This man killed a literal giant
He has fought and killed thousands- he’s not afraid to make a tough decision IF God tells him to. Twice people come to him thinking they're telling him something good and he kills them.
So this man is no pansy.
#VOD: 2 Samuel 6:5, 14, 21-22 GNT
“David and all the Israelites were dancing and singing with all their might to honor the Lord. They were playing harps, lyres, drums, rattles, and cymbals.
David, wearing only a linen cloth around his waist, danced with all his might to honor the Lord.
David answered, “I was dancing to honor the Lord, who chose me instead of your father and his family to make me the leader of his people Israel. And I will go on dancing to honor the Lord, and will disgrace myself even more..."
As I said, this man is no pansy- in fact, He’s a warrior!
So mentally & emotionally this man was comfortable enough to Dance in the streets.
But He is very comfortable in his own skin. He knows whose opinion of him matters…
Unlike his predecessor, He doesn’t take himself too seriously…
You don’t need to either. Go ahead, make fun of yourself- everyone else already is!
More on this listen to my podcast episode 22 called “Relax, You’re Not That Important”: http://www.stephenfskinner.com/episode-022-relax-youre-not-that-important/
This immediately makes me think of this awesome video from Passion conference. Chris Tomlin singing “God’s Great Dance Floor”
The words are so true and worth putting into practice.
The words say…
“I FEEL ALIVE!”
“I COME ALIVE!”
“I AM ALIVE!
“On God's great dance floor!”
Now my questions & challenge to you is?
- Do you feel alive?
- Do you feel well enough to even do this physically?
- Could you dance through the streets like David if you wanted to?
- My wife & girls love Dancing With The Stars- I’ll watch some athletes like my Auburn & Cubs boy David Ross. One thing you quickly find out- it’s HARD!
- Do you do this? I do! You want to talk about energizing & getting a WIN for the day!
- How long could you last?
- Are you doing the things on a daily basis so you can dance with your kids? Your spouse?
- Or are you Tired All the Time?
- Do you constantly feel exhausted and drained?
- Do you wake up tired, struggle through the day, and count the hours until you can crawl in bed at night?
- Look, I know how you feel all VERY well.
- I struggled with fatigue, weight, blood sugar, & mood swings for years and it was HARD! I lacked focus with my work and the energy to fully enjoy my life. I was just “getting by while dealing with a very intense schedule.”
- At the time, I thought what I was feeling was “normal” and just the side effect of being busy. But I eventually learned that I could be busy, productive, and STILL have plenty of energy.
-So I’m here to tell you, YOU can Control Your Energy Levels!
-Believe it or not, your energy levels are within your control. While you may think you’re destined to live with fatigue forever and that it’s just part of who you are – this is NOT the case.
-There are likely some key ways that you’re unknowingly sabotaging your energy. I saw this with myself and I see it with most of my clients.
-While in the short term it might be a bit of a downer to hear, you’re getting in your own way, in the long term, this is great news! It means your problems are fixable, and who doesn’t want to hear that?
In my next video, I’m going to teach you 10 ways you may be unintentionally causing your low energy, and how to fix it!
Here is the video "God's Great Dance Floor" I mentioned: https://youtu.be/R-WOneEXr00