Effective Goal Setting Guidelines
Now Playing: Effective Goal Setting Guidelines - When you think of goal setting, we can start with a school of thought that says every goal a person sets should be a S.M.A.R.T. goal. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Tangible or Timely. Your goals must have a specific target date for achievement, including a month, day, and year. It is surprising to me how many people don’t set a target date for goals. Some might say a year but most don’t set a month, day and a year for their desired goal achievement.
• I take issue with the words realistic and attainable. I believe goals should be “stretch goals,” goals that are achievable, and also require that the person stretch their limits. This extra push provides inspiration and motivation. Even if you fall short of achieving a stretch goal, you’ve still most likely exceeded your “realistic” goal.
• The word attainable bothers me for similar reasons. Obviously, you want your goal to be within reach, but that same “stretch” should be added for additional motivation and inspiration.
• The emotional element to goal achievement is very important. Think about how you would think and feel once you have achieved the goal. This adds the emotional element that helps inspire you even more.
In theory, working toward your goals is not complicated.
Most days, most of the things you do, should move you toward your goals.
Go to http://www.accountabilitycoach.com/Achieve.Your.Goals.Free.Gifts.Now// and get 3 FREE gifts including a special report on 10 Power Tips for Getting Focused, Organized, and Achieving Your Goals Now. Join the Silver Inner Circle (IT’S FREE) and receive 10% off on all products and services in addition to having access to many assessments and complimentary resources so you can begin achieving your goals in the timeframe you want, so you can have the life you desire. Get started today by going tohttp://www.accountabilitycoach.com/coaching-store/inner-circle-store/ and Join the FREE Silver Inner Circle.
Aim for what you want each and every day!
The Accountability Coach™
The Results Accelerator™
To help you stay focused and on track to achieving your goals
- Subscribe to my Blog (http://www.accountabilitycoach.com/blog/)
or Subscribe to my blog on Kindle and receive business success tips
- 'Like' Anne’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/TheAccountabilityCoach)
Small business owners and entrepreneurs who utilize Anne Bachrach’s proven business-success systems make more money, work less, and enjoy better work life balance.
Author of Excuses Don’t Count; Results Rule, No Excuses!, Work Life Balance Emergency Kit, and Live Life with No Regrets.