Long Island, Week 14: [BG 4.7, 4.8] Purpose of the Avatars
about 1 month ago.
Updated about 1 month ago.
BG 4.7 explains that Krishna appears in this world when there is a decline in morality, a rise in violence, when leaders rule against the well-being of their citizens. The current state of the world seems to fit this description. So, where is Krishna now?
- Krishna’s purpose for appearing in the world
- The different avatars of Krishna
Additional topics include:
- How do we know Krishna is the Supreme? Why take him at his word?
- A brief telling of Krishna’s birth and the lifting of Govardhan Hill
- Street chanting
- The arrival of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
Class notes available at www.gitawisdom.org/podcast
Questions? Join the Gita Wisdom Discussion Group on Facebook
We are reading from Bhagavad Gita As It Is by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada