FM #397 Town Council Mtg - 11/18/20 - P2 of 2
about 6 hours ago.
Updated about 1 month ago.
FM #360 = This is the Franklin Matters radio show, number 360 in the series.
This shares part of the Franklin, MA Finance Committee meeting that was held on Tuesday, October 6, 2020. The meeting was conducted via conference bridge to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
A quick recap:
- Organization voting process to elect Chair - Bill Dowd, Vice-chair - George Conley, and Clerk - Nicole Corbiseiro
- Discussion on minor updates to the Management Plan last updated Dec 2000 https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif591/f/uploads/plan.pdf Included in the discussion, how to organize and cover departments to better understand the details of their budgets and operations. Modifications approved to document by 8-0 vote, corrected copy to be posted to FinCom page
- Update on fiscal status provided by Town Administrator Jamie Hellen, clarification questions asked
- Discussion on a series of topics to be covered per meeting and a more regular set of meetings. Next meeting Nov 17, followed by Dec 15. In 2021, Weds evenings opposite from the Town Council schedule (1 and 3 Weds) to be determined for balance of year and published.
The meeting runs just about 76 minutes, so let’s listen to the Finance Committee meeting of Oct 6, 2020
The agenda doc, including connection info
My notes taken via Twitter during the meeting are summarized here
Photos used in the Twitter thread can be found in the Google photo album
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"