FM #452 Economic Development SubComm Mtg - 02/03/21
3 months ago.
Updated 3 months ago.
FM #447 = This is the Franklin Matters radio show, number 447 in the series.
This session shares the Franklin, MA School Committee meeting held on Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021.
The meeting was conducted in a hybrid format: some of the School Committee and Central Office personnel were in the Council Chambers, the remainder of the Committee was remote via conference bridge, all to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
I’ve split the three hour meeting into two logical segments:
- First - covers the opening through the Horace Mann Middle School update (approx. 1 hour)
** Second - picks up from the FHS Program of Studies update through to the end of the public meeting as they entered Executive Session (not to return to public meeting) (approx. 67 minutes)
The show notes contain links to the meeting agenda and to my notes. The meeting packet folder will hold the other documents released for the meeting (as we go to press, the Superintendent’s Report is not yet updated)
Let’s listen to this segment of the School Committee meeting of Jan 26, 2021
- Update from Horace Mann Middle School on what they are doing and how they are doing in these pandemic days. Exciting to see.
- Update from Franklin High School on program of studies, some changes to class offerings to better follow "Portrait of a Graduate" and meet needs of students.
- Reopening status update, challenges remain with staffing and keeping schools hybrid. Case counts are rising, still working on K-1 improvements but less likely to get them in school with current situation (case counts) and previously expressed concerns.
- Pool testing reviewed, formal application has not yet been made
- School calendar approved for first look at 2021-2022 school year. Additional info and dates (half days/professional development) to be updated in second pass TBD.
Photos captured during the meeting can be found in one folder
Meeting packet folder
My notes from the meeting
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"