Dan Burrus, Futurist and Author, Anticipatory Organization
about 1 year ago.
Updated about 1 year ago.
I think you will find my super special guest to be a wealth of knowledge around helping us accelerate our results in business and in life. The New York Times has referred to him as one of the top three business gurus, so we are in for a treat to learn what he has to share with us.
Daniel Burrus is considered one of the World’s Leading Futurist Speakers on Global Trends and Disruptive Innovation. The New York Times has referred to him as one of the top three business gurus. Dan has established a worldwide reputation for his exceptional record of accurately predicting the future of technology-driven change and its direct impact on the business world.
He is a strategic advisor to executives from Fortune 500 companies helping them to develop game-changing strategies based on his proven methodologies for capitalizing on technology innovations and their future impact. He is the author of seven books, including The New York Times and Wall Street Journal best seller Flash Foresight, as well as the international best-seller Technotrends, and The Anticipatory Organization.
Here are a few of the questions I asked Dan that you will benefit from by listening to his interview:
• There is an old saying that there are only two certainties about the future: death and taxes. How can people learn how to anticipate change and disruption in a world that’s filled with increasing uncertainty?
• We all have problems and issues, and are very busy. Some of these problems and issues seem almost impossible to solve because we are so busy. What approaches do you teach to help individuals and organizations to get “unstuck” so they can accelerate their success?
• You say Hard Trends will happen, they are based on future facts. Can you give us some examples?
• Is there more than one type of Hard Trend?
• You said the other type of trend is a Soft Trend which may or may not happen because prediction of the trend is based on assumptions rather than facts. Do they have any value, and can you give us some examples?
• I love the subtitle of your Anticipatory Organization book: How To Turn Disruption and Change Into Opportunity and Advantage. How can we learn to do that when change is happening so fast?
• How can companies and individuals become better innovators without taking big risks, and at the same time, produce better results?
• Many organizations take a “wait and see” approach to the new technologies and business transformations that are underway. What is your advice for these companies and their leaders?
• How can we learn more about becoming Anticipatory?
You can find my interview with Dan at https://www.accountabilitycoach.com/my-podcast/, https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/accountabilitycoach.com/id290547573, https://podcasts.apple.com/podcast/id305208343, and on most podcast platforms and in most English-speaking countries.
Subscribe and get notified every time a new episode is released.
Dan Burrus shares the most influential technology trends shaping 2023, so you can see the future before it happens with his free report. Get it at https://www.burrus.com/seethefuture.
Aim for what you want each and every day!
The Accountability Coach™
The Results Accelerator™
Get a daily Accountability Minute single, simple, doable idea, so you can start your day off on the "right foot", by subscribing to The Accountability Minute at https://www.accountabilitycoach.com/my-podcast/ or you can find The Accountability Minute on most podcast platforms and in most English-speaking countries.
- Subscribe to my high-value short business success tips and resources Blog (https://www.accountabilitycoach.com/blog/)
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel with business success principles (https://www.youtube.com/annebachrach)
- Connect with me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheAccountabilityCoach)
- Connect with me on Linked-in thttps://www.linkedin.com/in/annebachrach)
- Connect with me on Pinterest (https://pinterest.com/resultsrule/)
- Connect with me on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/annebachrach/)
I’m author of 5 books, including Excuses Don’t Count; Results Rule, Live Life with No Regrets, No Excuses, and the Work Life Balance Emergency Kit, The Roadmap To Success with Stephen Covey and Ken Blanchard, and more.