FM #436 EDC Listening Session5 - 01/13/21
about 13 hours ago.
Updated about 1 month ago.
FM #395 = This is the Franklin Matters radio show, number 395 in the series.
This session of the radio show shares the audio recording of the Budget Subcommittee meeting held at 6:00 PM on Wednesday, Nov 18, 2020.
The meeting was conducted in a hybrid format: members of the Budget Subcommittee and Town Administration personnel were in the Council Chambers, the public was remote via Zoom conference bridge, all to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
- "incredibly good news" on FY 2021 budget compared to what had been feared in June 2020
- Added back $75K to both Town Clerk and Recreation budgets based upon requirements and changes due to the pandemic
- Adjusted new growth number back upwards and then recommended to set aside $850K in the Budget Stabilization account. This had been emptied by withdrawals to balance the recent budgets
The full show notes also include my notes taken via Twitter during the meeting as well as the agenda and associated budget documents released for this meeting.
The meeting runs about 32 minutes, so let’s listen to the Budget Subcommittee meeting.
Budget Subcommittee agenda and supporting documents: https://www.franklinma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif591/f/agendas/budget_subcommittee_agenda.pdf
Town of Franklin Budget page https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget
My meeting notes
Photos captured during the meeting and shared with the Twitter thread can be found online https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ksn5Q4qwUrcJ3Eq36
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm).
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"