FM #452 Economic Development SubComm Mtg - 02/03/21
3 months ago.
Updated 7 months ago.
FM #369 = This is the Franklin Matters radio show, number 369 in the series.
This shares my interview and discussion with Town Council candidate Alan Earls. Our discussion was conducted via conference bridge to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
Franklin, MA voters should be aware that there will be a special election (per Town Charter) to fill the seat recently vacated by Eamon McCarthy Earls. He left at the beginning of Sept to enter law school in Virginia. The special election is scheduled for Saturday, December 5, 2020 to meet the 90 day requirement of the Charter.
Yes, we discuss that Alan is running to replace his son Eamon. Alan answered the following questions. All candidates for this position will be asked the same set of questions to provide a fair set of information for the Franklin voters.
- By way of introducing yourself to the Franklin voters, what is your Franklin story?
- What degree of development do you feel is appropriate for Franklin and how would you balance the need for affordable housing with the need to avoid congestion, some of which we already have?
- The Community Preservation Act is on the November ballot, what do you think of it?
- The Town Administrator suggested in 2019 that Franklin needed to consider an override measure. The pandemic hit, that didn’t happen. The water rate and trash/recycling rate increased. Stormwater utility fee is up for consideration for implementation on/about July 2021. And yet, the operational budget both school and town side of the budget is challenged. How do you approach this financial situation?
- What do you say to the voter who asks: Why should I vote for you?
- Anything else to add that we did not cover?
The recording runs just about 35 minutes, so let’s listen to my conversation with Alan
Visit Alan’s webpage www.alanearls.com and https://tinyurl.com/alanearls4TC
Or Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Alan-Earls-for-Town-Council-100156761900851/
Contact info: alanforFranklin@gmail.com
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"