FM #365 Community Preservation Act Webinar - 10/15/20
about 3 days ago.
Updated about 1 month ago.
FM #346 = This is the Franklin Matters radio show, number 346 in the series.
This session shares the Stormwater Ad-hoc Subcommittee meeting held on Wednesday, Sep 9, 2020. The meeting was conducted via conference bridge to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
Chair Melanie Hamblen officially opened the meeting.
- One of the key questions for the proposed stormwater utility fee is “What is impervious area? “ The DPW has updated one of the GIS Franklin maps with the calculation per property.
- The new web page highlighted during this meeting is a great start. How to calculate the fee based upon your impervious area needs to be added. What credits are available also need to be added.
- The utility fee proposal now moves to the Town Council for further discussion. There will be more info coming on this as it continues to develop for an implementation in July 2021.
The show notes contain links to the agenda doc, the Stormwater Division page, the new impervious area map, and my notes from the meeting.
The meeting itself runs about just under an hour, so let’s listen to the Stormwater Ad-hoc Subcommittee meeting.
Stormwater Division page
Impervious Area Map
My meeting notes
The meeting agenda
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm) or 102.9 on the Franklin area radio dial.
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"