Gurus: Questions & Answers
about 1 month ago.
Updated 9 months ago.
Why do we become apathetic about spiritual practices? Rational excuses can disguise deeper causes. Bhakti practices, in particular, challenge us to confront our material discomforts—and often it is easier to pretend we are “One”. We should take care not to avoid the very relief we seek. [BG 4.9, 4.10]
- An explanation of "ego" or How material ego differs from the spiritual self
- Why people reject the idea of an eternal self
- Why people reject the idea of God as a person
- Meaning of the chant Govinda Jaya Jaya
- The Nine Stages of Bhakti
- The Bhagavad Gita as a non-sectarian text
Class notes available at www.gitawisdom.org/podcast
Questions? Join the Gita Wisdom Discussion Group on Facebook.
We are reading from Bhagavad Gita As It Is by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada