FM #399 Town Council Candidates Night - 11/23/20
1 day ago.
Updated 2 months ago.
FM #349 = This is the Franklin Matters radio show, number 349 in the series.
This session of the radio show shares the audio recording of the Budget Subcommittee meeting held at 5:45 PM on Wednesday, Sep 16, 2020. The meeting was conducted via virtual conference bridge to adhere to the ‘social distancing’ requirements of this pandemic period.
- Current local receipts coming in per FY 2021 budget, that is good. Will look to another meeting in October to see if anything is happening with the Federal and/or State funding before making a decision in November.
- Town Administrator Jamie Hellen explained the accounting for the CARES Act funding, how it is being allocated (review the details in the memo linked as part of the meeting agenda)
- This subcommittee would benefit from having someone from the School District participate to help answer the school side questions when they arise.
- Buildings getting UV filter upgrades/additions to their ventilation systems. Some will be easier (i.e. less expensive) than other older buildings (which will cost more). Specific building breakout to be gathered as they go with hope to get all work done by the end of Dec 2020.
The full show notes also include my notes taken via Twitter during the meeting as well as the agenda and associated budget documents released for this meeting.
The meeting runs about 40 minutes, so let’s listen to the Budget Subcommittee meeting.
My meeting notes
Town of Franklin Budget page https://www.franklinma.gov/town-budget
We are now producing this in collaboration with Franklin.TV and Franklin Public Radio (wfpr.fm).
This podcast is my public service effort for Franklin but we can't do it alone. We can always use your help.
How can you help?
- If you can use the information that you find here, please tell your friends and neighbors
- If you don't like something here, please let me know
Through this feedback loop we can continue to make improvements. I thank you for listening.
For additional information, please visit Franklinmatters.org/
If you have questions or comments you can reach me directly at shersteve @ gmail dot com
The music for the intro and exit was provided by Michael Clark and the group "East of Shirley". The piece is titled "Ernesto, manana" c. Michael Clark & Tintype Tunes, 2008 and used with their permission.
I hope you enjoy!
You can also subscribe and listen to Franklin Matters audio on iTunes or your favorite podcast app; search in "podcasts" for "Franklin Matters"